The productivity of 2 acres inside 320 Square feet
You might think that fitting an entire farm into a 40’ x 8’ x 9.5’ shipping container would lead to a cramped working environment, but the LGM was designed to maximize the amount of physical space inside the farm. Not only does the LGM have the same annual growing capacity as two acres of farmland, but it also has a number of features that allow farmers to have enough space for every step of the farming process.
- The seedling table provides your crops with the light and water they need to grow from seeds into mature plants.
- The seedling table doubles as a workstation. This is where you will plant new trays of crops, transplant seedlings into the vertical towers, and harvest and package your produce.
- The harvest track allows you move up to 32 towers across the farm at one time, which makes transplanting and harvesting your crops a lot more efficient.
- There is extra room for you to use as you see fit! Here are a few examples what farmers have added to their LGM after purchase:
- More tables for packaging
- Extra storage space
- Shelving for microgreen production
Workflow and Automation
You don't have to be an expert in hydroponics or traditional farming to successfully cultivate food in the LGM. The technology and automation inside the farm simplify the hydroponic growing process, allowing you to work smarter rather than harder. Sensors inside the farm balance temperature, humidity and CO2 levels to maintain the perfect climate for your crops. You can also manually control all of your farm’s components through the Farmhand mobile application. The app allows you to:
- View real-time data on the environment inside your farm
- Monitor and control climate components
- Capture data on your farm
- Track germination, transplant, and harvest dates
- Connect to the Farmhand Shop to restock on supplies
And if you decided to join our community of freight farmers, we'll teach you everything you need to know at farm camp! But until then, Julia from our Farm Support and Education team explains how to maximize workflow inside the LGM.